Friday, March 9, 2012

A Mississippi Moonlight





     I started this blog last month and am just now getting back to it. (Can you say too busy?) I wanted to share a little about my books A Mississippi Moonlight . The first book I wrote is about the Starling family who have been terrorized by a man named Zeke Malone. Zeke grew up with a grudge against the Starling Family, a grudge harvested by his great grandmother Emily and nurtured by his mother Carlotta.

Emily was a the poor servant girl who grew up envious of Cordella O‘Donnell, the daughter of the man her mother worked for. Old Man O‘Donnell had enough money to burn a wet mule. Emily grew up wanting what Cordella had. The two girls lives became entangled in jealousy and revenge. Passing the hate from generation to generation. Emily believed all the lies she told, (Tell the Truth and Shame the Devil... stop telling those lies gurl). The path she took lead her down a lonely road filled with heartache and despair.
     Cordella makes friends with the beautiful Grace Loraine and together they find away to survive the attacks made by Emily. Grace Loraine is a voodoo priestess who has more than a little magic up her sleeve.


I got the idea for the name Starling from My grandmother, Bertha Starling Monaghan. one of my favorite characters in my book is FBI Agent Dylan Johnson. This character was inspired by my handsome son, and he even wrote a line in the book, "I can't I swallowed the key." Yep, that was all him. You will have to read to find out more. 8-) 

Synopsis for  A Mississippi Moonlight:
   A supposed curse is eating away at Zeke Malone, a Mississippi crook loaded with money and power. He has always believed that a woman named Cordella seduced and married his great-grandfather, putting a curse on his family. The only way to break that curse is to mix his blood with that of Cordella's family. Zeke manipulates the woman's great-grandson into handing over his daughter, Hazel Starling. After Hazel is drugged and wedded to Zeke, she escapes to California, where she raises their daughter, Chloe Rose.
But their child has secretly been monitored for years, and now a reckoning is due....

   You can find A Mississippi Moonlight Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Only $0.99. No these days you can barely get a cup of coffee for that.
  I have always enjoyed books with a dark side to them. I love Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Ann Rice, among others.

  I have a romantic side too, I am a huge Nicholas Sparks. My favorite book by him...All of them. Can't Choose just one. lol I also love  Philippa Gregory, I love all of her books as well.

   In my opinion, their Ain’t nothing better than a good cup of coffee and a good book.

Till next time, keep-a-reading! 8-)

4 comments:

  1. hey cuz,i have really enjoyed reading ur books they are great.i'm so proud of u and ur writting,ur going to have to get the other books done so i can get them.just wanted to say i love ur blog and keep writting so i can buy more books lol.love you ur cuz joyce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cuz Joyce, Love ya bunches and bunches. I am proud of you too. I have a fourth book coming out... I can't wait to share it with you! Thank you for being my biggest fan. kiss that grandbaby for me.

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed this book. I also enjoyed the other books that you have written so far. You are a true Southern writer! Can't wait to read your next book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I cant wait to review your book!

    ReplyDelete